Assists in the design and development of electronic data processing systems and procedures for functionally distinct activities of an organization and carries out assigned phases thereof independently; analyzes and evaluates operating methods and practices relative to the information needs of specific programs and activities; and performs other related duties as required.
Current vacancies are with the:
Vacancy in the DIT Applications Division: There is one current vacancy in the DIT Applications Division for a software developer working in a team environment that will create web and mobile applications, websites, reports and APIs to serve the needs of City agencies. Position meets with the stakeholders to gather requirements, perform business analysis to streamline processes, design the systems to meet business objectives, implement and test solutions to ensure a quality software deployment.
Vacancies in the HBWS Application Development Section: Independently performs assignments to assist with the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of departmental enterprise systems. Presently working with a consultant to modify and implement a third-party application at the Honolulu Board of Water Supply.
Vacancies in the HBWS Infrastructure Support Section: Responsible for maintaining and supporting, and assists in implementing and managing large and complex computer infrastructure and networking systems for functionally distinct activities.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1) A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS from an accredited university may be substituted for six months of the experience requirement.
2) A Master's degree in Computer Science or MIS from an accredited university may be substituted for the one year experience requirement.
Desirable Experience for Positions with the Department of Information Technology's Applications Division:
1. Work experience developing software solutions to meet customer needs; creating and implementing the source code of new applications; testing source code and debugging code; evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications; and developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
2. Managed IT projects in team environment and practiced using agile methodology.
3. Working knowledge of the following languages and software:
b. SQL, non-SQL database, IMS database and proficient in database design.
d. GIS mapping software.
e. Flutter Framework.
f. Responsive web sites using WordPress and proficient in graphic design using Adobe toolset.
g. Restful API and understand Micro-service architecture
h. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
How to Apply
Please DO NOT apply through Hawaii Jobs on Demand. Submit your application via the Job Opportunities page on the City and County of Honolulu's Human Resources website: http://www.honolulu.gov/hr
Only online applications will be accepted. Paper applications will not be accepted and we will not respond to resumes submitted through this website.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.