Responsible for planning, coordinating, installing, maintaining, optimizing, and enhancing the distributed computing environment, including server/desktop operating systems, network infrastructure, voice and data communication systems. Provides level two technical support to the department and user community. While broad knowledge is required, deeper specialty knowledge may be in one of the following fields: servers, desktop computing, phone system, enterprise storage or network LANS/WANS.
- Plans, researches and directs the installation, configuration, maintenance, operation and optimization of the business IT systems, the services they provide, the users they support and the software configurations which includes Windows, Unix servers; local area networks (LAN, wide area networks (WAN), desktop applications, storage system and supporting infrastructure. This includes the integration of various corporate networks to create a seamless environment.
- Serves as the primary support for the operation of the above listed systems to meet organization agreed upon service agreements. Operations include patching, regular maintenance, inventory/capacity management, monitoring and event resolution. Is available beyond core business hours to provide emergency support of said systems plus routing after hour maintenance and patching.
- Works with internal customers and other team members to create solutions to business IT requests. Will analyze, research and recommend solutions that can work within an enterprise computing framework. Solutions can include hardware, software and/or processes.
- Researches and upgrade personal skills to stay current with industry best practices, new technology that is applicable to the corporate computing environment and is able to share knowledge with co-workers. Is able to make presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Documents decisions, processes and procedures. Able to use business software tools to clearly communicate work product to co-workers and user community.
- Leads smaller sized project teams to accomplish team results and must be able to work with project managers on larger enterprise based projects. Able to lead and to follow.
- Participates in Company emergency response activities as assigned, including any activities required to prepare for such emergency response.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of information and office technology normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of data and telecommunications hardware, software, including supported software and network configurations.
- Thorough knowledge of supported personal computer (PC) and technical workstation system and application software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network operating systems (e.g., Windows, UNIX).
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking concepts and operations.
- Required: A field of specialty such as networking, desktop computing, server computing, enterprise storage management or telephony/business communication systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with skills and experience in one or more of the following technologies: SCCM, MDT/OSD, AppV, RDS/Terminal Services, MDM, VDI, A/D GPOs, Print management, VTC, Endpoint Security, SCORCH, VBScript, and PowerShell.
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Leadership skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals, occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult, or confrontational issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups or individuals.
- In-depth analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- Several years (3-5) of experience with data and telecommunications hardware and network installation, administration and troubleshooting.
- Few years (1-3) of working within an enterprise computing environment with an understanding of modern business IT practices
- Few years (1-3) experience in project management.
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at hawaiianelectric.com/careers.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.