COMPETITIVE STARTING PAY WITH PAID TRAINING!
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Join a spirited, dynamic team with Hawai`i’s leading credit union as we make a difference in our community – providing financial value, exceptional service, and state-of-the-art convenience to our members.
Over 200% Match 401k • 100% Paid Medical • 35 Paid Days Off
Enjoy these benefits, competitive pay, and more as a University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union employee!
JOIN US! E-Mail us with your resume (must be in PDF format). We look forward to hearing from you.
The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union (UHFCU), Hawai`i’s leading Credit Union, is looking for a talented addition to our Collections department. This position works with members with delinquent loans and negative share accounts on repayment schedules and returns items; stays abreast of collection laws and minimizes loan delinquency through regular contact and follow-up and must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Contacts, by phone or mail, members with delinquent accounts to establish a mutually agreeable payment schedule on a regular basis.
- Responsible for accurate and complete maintenance and documentation of all actions taken, both verbal and written transactions.
- Follows up on loan payments made with non-sufficient funds and insufficient payroll deductions and periodic payments.
- Educates members on how to pay their debts in a timely manner.
- Identifies potential troubled members and negotiate payment options.
- Responsible for accurately updating collection reports in a timely manner.
- Follows established collections procedures and prepares and mails all delinquent loan reminder notices.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate documents for charged-off loans, auto repossessions, and bankruptcies.
- Researches loan payments to ensure that the member receives full and complete explanation of the status of his/her loan.
- Researches automatic payment changes that may affect the status of a loan payment.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate collection records and files.
- Assists members in completing documents for filing (CDI & CLI) insurance claims.
- Submits appropriate documents for collateral protection insurance coverage.
- Evaluates and gathers information on delinquent accounts submitted for workouts.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Provides excellent member service (internally & externally).
- Maintain reasonable delinquency ratio.
- Maintain & document of all member interactions during collection efforts.
- Accurate and timely follow-up on delinquent accounts.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Basic understanding of MS Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of credit union programs.
- Knowledge of state and federal collection regulations.
- Two to three years lending and collection experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
In addition to competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for our Full-Time staff members:
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU Pays For 100% Of The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical And Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Ten (10) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible To Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With Years Of Service.
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(K) Retirement Plan With Employer Match And Profit Sharing
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare And Dependent Care (Pre-Tax Benefit)
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal And External Professional Development Opportunities
- And Many More!
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the application (PDF) located on our UHFCU.com website under Careers, and send along with your resume.
The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.