Central Maui Animal Clinic is looking for an eager Veterinary Technician or Assistant to join their team!
** $5000 Sign on Bonus for RVT candidates!**
** $2000 Sign on Bonus for qualified non-credentialed candidates! **
This is an incredible opportunity for expanding your skillset as a Technician at the only 24 hour veterinary facility on the island of Maui!
The hospital boasts experienced ER Doctors, board certified surgeon, acupuncture for pets, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, in house lab machines and ultrasound for their never ending array of interesting cases.
Our Technicians are friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations and challenges. They can quickly prioritize, multi-task, and think creatively.
Technicians report directly to the Lead Technician and/or the Practice Manager. They may also receive direction from veterinarians on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
- Maintains and uses an appropriate level of veterinary medical knowledge. Takes advantage of in-house educational materials and continuing education provided by the hospital.
- Maintains knowledge of the hospital’s programs, products, and services.
- Provides compassionate patient care, including keeping patients clean, dry, and comfortable.
- Alerts veterinarian to changes in patients’ condition.
- Recognizes patients with contagious disease and follows applicable procedures.
- Performs basic emergency care, CPR, and intensive care as needed.
- Restrains animals in a safe, efficient, and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures.
- Exercises compassion and care in all interactions with patients. Properly handles fractious and fearful animals.
- Accurately performs routine, in-house laboratory procedures. Collects prepares and handles specimens according to hospital protocols.
- Takes develops, and maintains radiographs, using proper techniques and positioning.
- Prepares patients for procedures, care for them pre, intra, and post operatively.
- Prepares prescription labels and appropriately packages medications.
- Properly cleans, packs, and autoclaves all used surgical materials.
- Helps keep all parts of the hospital properly stocked and prepared.
- Monitors anesthesia, and assists veterinarians as assigned in surgery and dentistry.
- Admits and discharges patients on the veterinarian’s orders, being especially careful to ensure that patients being discharged are well-groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Demonstrates warmth, courtesy, and professionalism in all client interactions including scheduling and creating or presenting treatment plans.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Education equivalent to the completion of the 12th
- At least one year of recent experience in veterinary practice or medical environment, with increasing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to stay on task and work energetically for entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
- Preferred: Education equivalent to two years of college (pre-veterinary curriculum) or Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT).
- Preferred: Three years’ recent experience in a veterinary practice, with increasing responsibilities.
We offer 10 hour shifts and an incredible benefits package including health, vision, & dental, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), PTO, generous pet care discounts, and much more! .
Visit our website for more information about our practice: https://www.mauianimalclinic.com/