The MSR II will support our newest location in the Dole Cannery area of Honolulu by providing friendly, professional, fast, and accurate service to enhance, retain and attract members, via all aspects of member contact (in-person, by telephone, email, and website). This position will support the Credit Union goals by continuing to build relationships and retain members; provide account referrals to increase overall membership.; further enhance member relationships by providing detailed information of the features and benefits of all products and services available as well as cross-selling products and services to meet all the members’ financial needs. The MSR II is expected to abide by and maintain knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures to protect member accounts and Credit Union assets.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Accurately perform transactions and processes in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures, and in compliance with regulatory requirements and security procedures.
- Assist members by telephone, face to face, email, and website interaction.
- Ability to analyze member’s financial needs and ask leading questions to provide excellent member service and effectively cross-sell products and services to meet members’ financial needs.
- Accurately & efficiently enroll new members / membership accounts and properly service all existing accounts.
- Maintain cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meet cash balancing requirements; be dual control for TCD/TCR and vault.
- Investigate member issues and if needed review, resolve and process disputes on members accounts.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and inviting workspace, area, and environment.
- Maintains an understanding of all lending policies and procedures to assist members in completing loan applications, answer basic loan questions, and fund consumer loans and credit cards at loan approval.
- NMLS Certification Required to originate loans within current regulatory requirements.
- Exhibit analytical skills needed to review all loan application data and documents supplied by the member.
- Address and assist members with questions on all lending products and services.
- Effectively communicate with members regarding loan decisions including the ability to handle member disputes and resolve such issues.
- Underwrite and make sound lending decisions on all loans within established approval limits and within required timelines.
- Assist in providing, obtaining, and completing proper DMV documentation for vehicle transactions.
- Assists branch staff with loan documents and funding.
- Perform other specific and delegated duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years in a financial institution, Call Center a plus
- 2+ years demonstrated success in sales, customer service & interpersonal communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations affecting Credit Union’s membership eligibility
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of member and Credit Union information, records, and data
- Excellent reading, math, comprehension, and communication skills a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Working knowledge of English, spelling, and grammar
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Strong member service focus with previous experience in sales and service industry
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with ability to exercise judgment and follow instructions while maintaining a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, integrity & professional conduct
- Ability to work both independently and cohesively with others, fostering a team environment
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision and to promptly complete duties to meet demanding deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to perform light physical work and to move or lift items including but not limited to boxes, files, and papers up to 20 pounds unless otherwise as indicated.
- NMLS Designation a plus
Work is performed in an air-conditioned and heated office environment with exposure to basic office equipment and typical moderate office noise.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Candidates must be able to sit and/or stand for approximately 70% of the day, walk short distances for approximately 30% of the day, use a CTR screen, keyboard, and 10 key for majority of the day. Frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to talk and communicate with members for the majority of the day.