1311 Fraser Avenue, Lanai City
What We Do
Pulama Lanai is a land and resource management company, a cultural steward, a community builder.
We develop solutions ranging from conservation programs to hydroponic gardening to freshwater systems that serve both residents and guests.
We bring together people and companies to promote preservation, progress and sustainability on Lanai.
Provides management and supervision to the department staff in Water Company/ Utilities Department. It is vital to the success of the island’s water supply that this position conducts inspections and audits on a regular basis and sets goals to obtain a high level of performance and integrity from staff. The role is also a project manager and is responsible for the general maintenance of wells and water systems to include; installation, maintenance and repair of wells, waterlines, sewer lines and irrigation pipelines; sampling and monitoring water to meet DOH and EPA regulations; and management of budgets. Provides field supervision for all phases of the utilities maintenance program(s), including employees, consultants, contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
- AAS or BS Degree in related field with a minimum of 8 years of working experience in water distribution, with 5 years or more in a supervisory capacity.
- Possesses knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation and maintenance of water pumping equipment and associated problems and processes at a level expected of a State of Hawai‘i Grade II DSO Operator.
- Must have knowledge of sampling methods and the physical and chemical tests used in treatment plant control, hazards and safety practices involved in working around high voltage equipment and moving machinery, process quality control requirements and remedial measures in dealing with process malfunctions and emergencies, at a level expected of a State of Hawai‘i Grade II DSO Operator.
- Possesses knowledge of practices and procedures used in the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Must have knowledge of practices and procedures used in the preventive maintenance, rehabilitation and repair of wastewater collection systems, and types and uses of collection system equipment.
- Requires relating to people in a friendly and professional manner.
- Requires working to established procedures and maintaining reliable work attendance.
- Requires verbal communication skills and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to think and make effective decisions quickly.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and work under pressure.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and Company Matching
- PTO & Holidays
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.