PDC SENIOR IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – ID# 220398.
Pacific Disaster Center. Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Pacific Disaster Center (PDC), located in Kihei, on the island of Maui, Hawai‘i. Telework is permissible with the Principal Investigator’s (PI) approval. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Provides systems administration and serves as a PDC lead technical resource and central point of contact for uninterrupted information technology services in a twenty-four/seven (24/7) technology infrastructure management and support environment.
- This includes non-peak hour maintenance and on-call support.
- Establishes and administers information systems (IS) standards and security protocols.
- Leads infrastructure design including all servers, networking, security, monitoring, testing, documentation, deployment, communication configurations, and system support for the PDC software applications/tools.
- Responsible for full software life-cycle development of the PDC Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure.
- Analyzes and evaluates various solutions and constraints, and provides recommendations and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for projects.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and reports on PDC projects and technical activities in area of specialization including information systems audit functions.
- Responsible for the smooth and timely execution of project plans, progress reporting, and quality production of the outputs.
- Leads the implementation and administration enterprise infrastructure products and systems.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex technical issues, conducts advanced research, and identifies product/service innovations.
- Coordinates work teams including vendors/contractors and provides technical guidance to other staff.
- Provides expert judgment and analysis on the design, development, and implementation of IS/IT products and the PDC systems infrastructure. Implements the overall integration of enterprise IT solutions.
- Provides support including tasks, such as the design and configuration of software and hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, servers, Virtual Machines (VM), workstations, peripherals, toolkits, and operating systems.
- Provides a range of services to plan and coordinate procurement of network and system equipment for the PDC Maui facility.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware technologies.
- Coordinates training of PDC staff members.
- Represents PDC and related IT solutions in internal and external venues and conferences, as appropriate.
- May travel for professional development (e.g., IT conferences and training).
PRIMARY QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, or related field.
- (Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college with at least four (4) years of additional professional experience in systems administration, network administration, and architecture may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.).
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of directly related experience in the systems architecture and systems administration in a high-availability environment.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of high availability architecture, clustering, cloud infrastructure, local data center and server technology (blade architecture), virtualization, security, networking, and communications.
- Expert knowledge of desktop operating systems and Microsoft software products.
- Expert knowledge of multi-tiered application development architecture, Linux/UNIX, Windows Server, Active Directory, and LDAP administration.
- Working knowledge of programming in one or more of the following: Shell Scripts, Perl, AWK, stream editor (sed), Python, or Apache Ant.
- Working knowledge of various platform application program interface (API’s), secure file transfer and Secure Shell (SSH) protocols, cloud based services, and social networks.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery management systems and relational databases. Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) software and data service oriented architecture.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop written reports, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively execute projects and coordinate with IS/IT teams to provide systems software and hardware support in a cross-platform multi-platform distributed production environment with local and cloud-based infrastructure resources.
- Ability to implement and maintain network security policies and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain inventory and coordinate high availability of computing hardware and software resources.
- Skilled in the installation, integration, and maintenance of multiple operating systems, applications, and other software and hardware.
- Ability to provide technical instruction and documentation for technical and non-technical professionals. Ability to lead IT infrastructure deployment efforts and maintenance solutions. Ability to provide technical guidance to other staff.
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds unassisted.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
- Understanding of GIS environments and relational database applications.
- Previous experience in Disaster Management.
- Juniper or Cisco network security certifications.
INQUIRIES: Scott Okada 891-7922 (Maui).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-7262 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: September 26, 2020.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.