Human Resource Manager
735 Bishop St #200
As a private, online University we are looking for a Human Resource Manager to join our team. The Human Resource Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resources Department including hiring, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Lead the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Understanding of human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Doc)
- Experience with a University is a plus
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality,
- Ability to act positively and promote an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of Human Resource experience required.
- Prolonged periods of siting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Monday to Friday 6am – 2pm HST
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.