Lead Functional Analyst
(Req #: 4533)
Under the direction of the Functional Program Manager, provides corporate-wide support for implementation and optimization of policies, programs, projects and procedures for SAP. Serves as the subject matter expert in the administration, management and support of all matters pertaining to one or more of the following functional areas and processes:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (Work/Asset Management and Mobility)
Works closely with functional administrators and business users across the Companies (Hawaiian Electric, Maui Electric, and Hawaii Electric Light), as well as other Lead Functional Analysts to design, implement and enhance work products and processes. Performs configuration to support work management processes utilizing SAP modules and products (plant maintenance, project systems, Work Manager/Syclo, ClickSchedule, FIORI, etc.). Responsible for resolving functional, configuration, and data errors in the system, providing Level 2 functional and technical support, developing functional and technical documentation and specifications, creating business process definitions, and coordinating development efforts with the technical resources within the SAP platform.
- Coordinate and facilitate corporate-wide efforts to maximize the consistent application of SAP policies, programs, projects and procedures by providing to process owners in all process areas in HECO, MECO and HELCO:
- Define and lead individual SAP solutioning efforts from defining user requirements through implementation
- Define and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Establish process/workflow improvement priorities for respective process areas in conjunction with the overall organization’s improvement goals
- Participate in process design activities and workshops (business blueprinting)
- Review/approve definitive business processes for alignment with SAP technologies/architectures. Evaluate changes to business processes and determine system impacts
- Approve (or reject) systems changes impacting business processes
- Act as a change agent for business process adoption and improvement. Help manage changes that result from new requirements, defects, or incidents through the implementation process.
- Plan business process and functional application solutions
- Create or modify business process definitions and functional specifications
- Assist in defining and validating business requirements, including the identification and assessment of gaps between such requirements and SAP functional capabilities.
- Maintain system solution design documents and testing documentation
- Develop scripts and test data for testing SAP processes, perform the testing
- Facilitate functional workshops with business staff. Act as a liaison to business analysts for changes that impact the functional processes in SAP.
- Provide functional support in user training
- Maintain FAQs – Application Questions
- Provide training to process owner(s) and end users for any changes resulting from problem resolution
- Monitor and ensure that SAP is operating efficiently and the data between the CRM and ERP modules of SAP are consistent. Resolve data process errors in a timely manner.
- Aid technical team members when necessary in explaining business process or functional requirements
- Escalate risks or issues to Senior Lead Functional Analysts and/or the Business Solution Architects
- Program/adapt, test, troubleshoot, document, and implement SAP and SAP-related information systems and/or applications to meet customer needs (new or modifications).
- Evaluate business or technical software (Unix, client-server, desktop/laptop, tablet, and/or smart-phone) that meet customer needs. This includes review of alternatives and support for cost/benefit reviews
- Provide Level 2 functional and technical support and perform configuration and functional design.
- Investigate functional problems & requirements
- Provide functional advice and solutions
- Scope and estimate changes
- Plan and perform functional impact assessment of changes, including support packs & patches
- Identify and coordinate application of the OSS Notes
- Support technical teams (middleware, reporting, etc.) by providing SAP functional expertise
- Review and coordinate all modifications and fixes to SAP software. Serve as a corporate point of contact with SAP. Work with process area functional administrators, power users and end users in the testing and approval of software modifications and fixes provided by SAP. Ensure policies and procedures are in place for adequate global security profiles, position authorities and system control, and ensure appropriate table files are maintained.
- Support SAP Administrators, programmers and other Functional Administrators in the testing of SAP modifications, fixes, and the planning and implementation of new releases.
- Create functional and business test cases
- Record and document all test tool design configuration and changes
- Manage full test cycles on SAP including go-live
- Report on test preparation, test execution and defect progress and trends
- Drive test cases creation with business and application support teams
- Qualify and certify testing of objects and changes to production
- Assist stakeholders and users in the development of appropriate reports; review and assist with the maintenance of the global User Procedure Documents; assist with the development of new documents as appropriate. Assist with administration as related to access controls as needed.
- Perform Job configuration in the SAP system
- Create change requests for the job scheduling and coordination of moving the job configuration to the production environment
- Subject matter expert and owner of all aspects of the SAP administration as related to access and segregation of duty controls and other process area systems.
- Performs detailed analysis and design of SAP and SAP-related information systems, including new system development or modification or integration of existing systems. Configure, program/adapt, test, troubleshoot, document, and implement SAP and SAP-related information systems and/or applications to meet client/customer needs (new or modifications). Coordinate and/or handle second-level technical support for Help Line, as needed.
- Remain on-call/available for both scheduled and unscheduled work. Said work is occasionally required outside normal business hours and on weekends.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP modules. Demonstrated proficiency in SAP Interactive-web and support task functions.
- Thorough knowledge for all security administration risk, controls and compliance requirements for the SAP.
- Thorough knowledge of database management and security concepts and techniques normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and web-based programs and related software, preparation of reports, and evaluation new software enhancements.
- Working knowledge of functional area policies, procedures and work processes.
- Working knowledge of SAP profiles and security access for SAP programs and reports.
- Working knowledge of SAP table structures and functions.
- Working knowledge of SAP standard reports.
- Thorough knowledge of other related systems that integrate with SAP.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of information and office technology management normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of utility business, business and/or engineering principles & practices.
- Working knowledge of Unix, client-server/multi-tier, and workstation/PC/Internet/Mobile technologies and systems development. Excellent understanding of application interfacing concepts, basic reporting and database development and support
- Ability to document and execute an integrated test plan and a user acceptance test plan.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical design and maintain comprehensive functional and technical documentation.
- Ability to comply with, and contribute to, system configuration standards and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain status of tasks, defects, issues, and support requests on a daily basis in an appropriate tool.
- Thorough knowledge/familiarity with SAP and SAP related products/technologies related to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and the disciplines contained within (Work/Asset Management, Supply Chain, impacts to finance, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills to direct, influence, motivate and persuade various groups or individuals.
- Supervisory/leadership skills and abilities to work with a variety of individuals occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult or confrontational issues and the ability to handle such issues with professionalism by using tact, courtesy, respect and discretion.
- In-depth analytical, computational, organizational and time-management skills to handle various projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels within the company.
- Ability to develop/maintain strong positive relationships with leaders and members of the community and government.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities and strategic direction. Ability to conceptualize new ideas quickly.
- Effective written, oral, and presentation communication skills. Ability to speak to groups of various sizes and teach simple to complex skills and processes to individuals and groups. Ability to communicate and work effectively (written and oral) with a variety of individuals (e.g., working with customers to ensure successful projects).
- Strong analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills to assess complex technical issues, and recommend and implement solutions.
- Able to employ project/program life-cycle techniques (e.g., SDLC) in managing programming and/or analysis projects for both custom and vendor-supplied software.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; in-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs; ability to independently plan, direct and perform work for self and others.
- Several (3-5) years experience in ERP business processes and/or end user functions in the work management arena. Several (3-5) years experience in project development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of SAP based business solutions.
- A few (1-2) years analytical experience in simple to complex systems.
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at hawaiianelectric.com/careers.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.