CDC Ambassador - Remote Featured
94-300 Farrington Hwy
Hawaii Only – CDC Ambassador - Remote
*This position must be 18 years or older due to the operation of machinery.
The purpose of this position is to receive onsite donations according to company procedures and in a manner that positively represents our nonprofit partnership, to maintain a clean and well-organized onsite donation receiving area(s), to provide support to the recycler (where applicable).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • Acknowledges and greats donors in a friendly, welcoming manner; assists customers with donated merchandise, including unloading donations from vehicle, thanks the donor on behalf of the Non-Profit Partner.
- • Treat donated items respectfully and tactfully turns away product that we do not accept and offers alternative donation location information
- • Communicates the company’s Non-Profit Partnership
- • Maintains the OSD receiving area and register-area inclusive of preparation for the store opening and closing per defined set up criteria, ensures cleanliness, communicates daily donor counts / conditions requiring attention.
- • Ensures management team member verifies all OSD labeled cartage and reports any discrepancies.
- • May be required to operate trash compactor, baler and/or forklift
- • Regularly meets processing targets as assigned by production manager (PM); works PM to improve donations.
- • May assist as a truck driver helper or unloader. May be asked to physically drive our trucks; therefore, must have a valid driver’s license and cleared for a medical card. CDL is not required.
- • Inventories and orders all necessary ADS supplies
- • Immediately notify supervisor of any site visitor inquiring about our business (i.e., gov, fire, LL, solicitations etc.)
- • Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Friendly, outgoing, enjoys interacting with customer; Makes eye contact, smiles, greets customers
- • Can communicate thoughts and idea effectively
- • Able to perform duties and physical task of the function
- • Ability to read and write; basic math skills
- • Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- • Excellent eye-hand coordination for the operation of machinery
- • Service-oriented with cheerful personality
- • Reliable transportation and commitment to attendance and punctuality
- • Willing and able to work weekend days as regular part of the position schedule
- • Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- • Satisfactorily pass physical and background exams
- • Ability to work within Savers Culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- • Experience in customer service
- • Employment background demonstrating experience working with minimal supervision
Physical and Weather Requirements:
- • Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. frequently throughout the day; lifting and carrying with a hand truck 100-150 lbs.
- • Stand for extended periods of time
- • Ability to operate large machinery
- • Ability to work outside in widely varying and at times extreme weather conditions as defined in the ADS Operational and Safety expectations
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.