ABOUT COMMERCIAL METALS COMPANY:
Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities. To learn more about our community involvement, please click here.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
People are the key to our success. We are a global company committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing an environment where our employees can succeed, improving our communities and creating value for our investors.
POSITION TITLE: Sales and Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director Operations
LOCATION: Kapolei, HI
Direct and Manage all facets of the Operation including, but not limited to Sales, Fabrication, Safety, Engineering, Quality, and Development and Training, while working side by side with Field Placing Operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safety; work with local and Regional Safety Professionals to establish and maintain a positive and proactive safety culture. Support safety and environmental initiatives, improvements, investigations, and corrective actions
• Collaborate with Senior Management as well as Regional counterparts to execute overall business strategy
• Maintain & Establish Business plan targets and goals via customer and industry relationships, both new and existing
• Draft, submit and execute locations' Annual Business Plan, Financial Forecast, Response Plans, Sales and Cost plans
• Set and meet, or exceed strategically aligned performance measures and financial targets using Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), Labor, Safety, Quality, Engineering, Freight, Customer Service, and Culture
• Control Asset Utilization and Resource Capacity including inventory management (raw materials and WIP), focusing on short-term and long-term business needs
• Direct and or coordinate with Department Managers (Sales, Operations, Safety, Logistics, Finance, Marketing,) and ensure they are working together to maximize earnings and control costs
• Act as liaison between Senior Management and department management/subordinate levels, to inform personnel of communications, decisions, and policies etc.
• Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations/laws
• Ensure that business is conducted with the highest standards of quality and integrity. Ensure adherence to, company policies and procedures.
• Select, supervise, evaluate and develop staff. Work closely with Human Resources to develop and retain key employees. Set clear objectives and hold employees accountable
• Recognize employees and departments for outstanding work performance.
• Note: listed responsibilities may not encompass full scope of the position's requirements.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Safety and Environmental standards
• Customer Service Standards
• Strong Leadership and interpersonal skills
• Communication skills – written and verbal
• Problem Solving- work through complex business issues and make decisions quickly.
• Business Software & Computer Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting, Construction Management or related field from an accredited 4-year university or equivalent 10 years' experience in the Steel Industry (Commercial, Retail, Heavy Civil
If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to www.cmc.com/careers.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.