Location: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834947 Date posted: 10/08/2019
Under indirect supervision of Unit Supervisor, and under direction of licensed staff, performs variety of non-professional patient care duties in inpatient hospital setting; is responsible and accountable for assigned tasks.
- Assists with ongoing data collection; identifies changes in patient status and reports changes to RN/LPN; implements care plan under direction of licensed staff.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Demonstrates technical competence in basic nursing skills and use of simple equipment.
- Demonstrates basic competencies to work on specialty unit.
- Records data and nursing care activities in medical record following Department/Unit/JCAHO standards.
- Utilizes Department and Unit forms per procedures.
- Functions with awareness of and applies safety principles and standards, including patient, environment and employee issues.
- Utilizes correct body mechanics.
- Reports incidents, work related injuries, unsafe equipment or environment to supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Functions with awareness of and applies infection control principles and standards, including patient, environment and employee issues.
- Functions within parameters of job description.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/hospital information.
- Reports off when leaving Unit.
- Reports pertinent patient data and problem to licensed staff, charge nurse or supervisor.
- Remains calm in emergency patient care/Unit situations; follows established protocols.
- Assists as directed during Code 500 (Chest compression and runner to lab).
- Practices within Hospital, Department and Unit standards/policies/procedures.
- Locates and uses Facility and Hospital manuals, and other reference manuals/books when necessary.
- Completes mandatory JCAHO inservices annually.
- Completes CPR recertification of 24 months - Level C.
- Attends at least three Unit Staff Meetings.
- Reads/signs minutes of Staff Meetings not attended.
- Seeks guidance, direction or supervision when unsure of procedures/actions needed.
- Participates in peer evaluation when requested by supervisor.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Hospital Aide Training Program or documented completion of equivalent military training course; or equivalent combination of
education (lesser) and experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, and customer service.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- One (1) year Hospital Aide experience preferred. Primary Location: Hawaii,Honolulu,Hospital/Medical Offices 3288 Moanalua Rd. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Night Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 11:15 PM Working Hours End: 7:45 AM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: HERE-Local 5 Job Level: Entry Level Job Category: Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department: Med/Surg - UNIT 3 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.