We are looking for our next great Host/Hostess for our Zippy's restaurant location on Nimitz. Host/Hostess maintains health and safety practices by managing the flow of the restaurant and seating our guests with ALOHA. They are responsible for reporting to store management and making sure all guests are well taken care of. The Host/Hostess is in charge of greeting, seating, and coordinating the activities of the dining room. This position works to ensure a smooth flow of service to the restaurant patrons and assists servers when necessary.
The Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Greets guests with ALOHA even through your mask
- Inputs guest name and telephone number into a wait-list app on iPad as necessary, ensuring to capture a name and phone number for every table seated.
- Asks Guests To Wait In Their Vehicle and Practice Social Distancing
- Informs Guests Of Mask Usage In Restaurant
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work and Guest area through constant cleaning, organizing, and replenishing of necessary items.
- Alert Guests through wait list App & confirms guest temperature reading
- Table Management - Uses table rotation & marks table numbers on wait list as well as marking complete on the "seated" list
- Maintains communication with Door Host (if applicable) and Sanitation Specialist to manage restaurant seating
- Escorts guests to their table in an efficient and courteous fashion.
- Is knowledgeable of menu items and details of ongoing promotions.
- Negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 12 months of the date of hire OR Dated/Issued at the age of 16 or older
- Pass a drug screening test
- Meet assigned shift requirements
- Regularly push, pull, and carry objects; Stand and walk for at least 6-8 hours
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Reach shoulder level and below waist constantly, and above the head occasionally
- Good understanding and comprehension of the English language.
- Basic Math and writing skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Previous cash handling preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a host or server preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred