Hawaii Transportation Association (HTA) is engaged in an ongoing quest for an individual to lead and manage the organization into the future.
Who is HTA?
HTA is a private, non-profit, trade organization serving the trucking and tour vehicle industries in Hawaii. HTA was established in 1938 as the Hawaii Trucking Association. In 1978 we became the Hawaii Transportation Association to encompass tour vehicle operators.
HTA’s primary functions include advocacy at all levels of government and interacting collaboratively with various government agencies and public groups. We also offer safety education services: Driver Improvement Program; Hazmat General Awareness Training; and Forklift Operator Training.
* You will author and construct arguments on issues to defend the industry from harmful legislation, or to advance favorable legislation at the Federal , State, and county levels by lobbying legislators at each level and presenting testimony.
* You will represent the industry before government agencies, public and private organizations, and the general public. Expect extensive collaboration with all groups.
* You will design and execute member recruitment, and member retention efforts.
* Lead and manage HTA’s operations with functions including, but not limited to:
Assisting members with safety and operational concerns;
Formulating the association’s budget;
Setting up and facilitating meetings for the board, committees, and members;
Planning and executing the Annual Conference, Golf Tournaments, etc.;
Producing and publishing the twice monthly newsletter, and industry alerts as
Representing Hawaii before national and regional trucking groups and attend their meetings throughout the nation; and
Other menial tasks essential to the operation and safety of the office.
* A successful candidate demonstrates an advanced level of writing and verbal skills.
* You must be proficient in word processing and data base software use.
* Three or more years of experience in one or more of the following is a plus:
- legislative matters; and/or
- an executive role with a non-profit organization; and/or
- use and knowledge of motor carrier regulations and operations.
* Social media involvement is helpful.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited four year college is a plus.
Starting range is $50,000 - $70,000 annually commensurate to transferability, breadth and range of experience.
Resumes with cover letter can be sent to:
Hawaii Transportation Association
PO Box 30166
Honolulu, Hawaii 96820
Only applicants meeting our criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of our
short list / interview process.
Qualified shortlist candidates will be interviewed by a panel in hybrid mode (in-person and virtually).
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.