Naniq Global Logistics, LLC (Naniq) is a third-party logistics service company dedicated to providing the best innovative solutions for Multinational Logistics Corporations (MLCs). We bridge the gap for MLCs so that instead of turning down challenging shipments and missing out on additional revenue and the chance to deepen customer relationships, through Naniq, your company can utilize our expertise across many verticals (ocean, air, road, last mile, etc.) Through our vast network, we offer complicated and intricate services that most MLCs are unable to easily offer on their own. Acting as the MLC, Naniq is able to capture incremental profit and deepen relationships with shippers – all to the benefit of the partnered MLC.
Our team is made up of industry experts from all corners of the logistics world. Often, the most difficult challenge in logistics is finding partners you can trust. With a diverse background in a multitude of logistics disciplines, we have developed long standing relations at the highest levels of MLCs.
This position reports to the Fulfillment Manager. This job is for a Warehouse Operations Coordinator who oversees a sub-contracted unionized package sortation process that includes sorting packages by zip code, palletizing by zip code, managing the loading of pallets on to trucks for delivery on its assigned route. The package sortation process is currently scheduled for an evening to early morning operation. This job is a 5 day per week job. The sortation operation is conducted 7-days per week. Occasional work on the weekend may be required.
• 30-day waiting period for medical benefits
• Paid vacation
• Salary $45k - $58k DOE
FULL TIME: Schedule is subject to change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES – Including, but not limited to:
• Overseeing the sortation process to ensure compliance with company and client standards and metrics.
• Ensuring sortation team members are trained to perform their assigned role
• Working with Sub-contracted managers to help assign sortation team members to the role best suited for their skills
• Working with our subcontractor to create work schedules for sortation team members
• Ensuring the sortation team complies with TSA requirements
• Managing mis-sorts and damaged packages per procedure
• Ensuring customer required reports are prepared and issued on time
• Reporting safety, security, and theft incidents
• Conducting daily safety briefings at the start of the shift
• Managing the loading of pallets/gaylords onto the assigned truck for delivery to the designated post office
• Developing sortation team members for job progression and sufficient bench depth
• Ensuring compliance with customer information and security requirements
• Being punctual for work assignments
• Maintaining a neatly groomed appearance
• Demonstrating internal and external customer service
• Complying with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
• Performing other duties as required
Naniq Global Logistics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must have a customer service oriented, friendly, helpful, and professional disposition
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and always changing environment
• Must have the ability to manage people effectively
• Must have strong influence management skills
• Excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Self-motivated, able to multi-task and work effectively under a minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced environment, strong problem-solving skills.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) required for email and customer reports
• Must be able to demonstrate a consistent capability of working cooperatively with others in a team environment
• Experience working with labor unions is helpful
• Legal status to work in the USA
• Able to speak conversational English
• Must have legal work authorization documents, such as:
- Social Security card
- Passport with current Visa
- Proper documentation proving legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Working environment is a warehouse for Maui and an un-airconditioned warehouse-like temporary structure such as a large tent or sprung structure for Kona. The work must be performed safely even though it is fast paced with firm times for completion. Work requires computer usage with strength, dexterity, coordination and visual acuity to use keyboard and video display terminal and other office equipment. Limited travel may be required to shareholder communities, subsidiary offices and other locations as needed.
Frequent sitting for prolonged periods of time, using hands/fingers requiring dexterity and coordination to use a computer or hand-held scanner, handle files, and single pieces of paper, reaching with hands and arms for items above and below desk level, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); walking from place to place within the office with occasional use of stairs and no elevator available; bending, pushing, pulling, and standing for up to 4 hours; occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
It is Naniq’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $45,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.