Little Friends Learning Center
2313 Nuuanu Ave., Honolulu
The Teacher instructs preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth. Performs a variety of tasks and overseeing play of children in preschool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, process art, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- ECED degree preferred
- Related experience or relevant coursework
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.