1311 Fraser Avenue, Lanai City
Location: Lāna`i City
What We Do
Pulama Lanai is a land and resource management company, a cultural steward, a community builder.
We develop solutions ranging from conservation programs to hydroponic gardening to freshwater systems that serve both residents and guests.
We bring together people and companies to promote preservation, progress and sustainability on Lana'i.
Provides Horticultural management and direction to Island Operations programs and physical properties. Supervises the routine horticulture, landscaping, maintenance activities and provides guidance to staff on proper methods and procedures for installing and maintaining landscaping projects. Plans, evaluates and manages all horticulture activities, including the selection of plants to be propagated and grown, treatments for the control of pests, upkeep of material and operations. Assists Director of Island Operations with annual landscape operating budget and monitors expenditures to ensure compliance. Determines annual plant needs; purchases plants, fertilizers, chemicals and other supplies for Nursery and other landscape projects.
- Three to five years of experience and knowledge of techniques and principals used in horticultural activities, including practices to promote plant health with the proper use of fertilizers and pesticides to control plant pests.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations governing pesticide application, landscape construction, horticultural practices, irrigation systems, maintenance, chemical pesticides and insect control. Knowledge and experience in growing and maintaining tropical, ornamental plants within a maintenance of world class hotel and grounds.
- Skills in the use of landscaping tools and equipment.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have valid Hawai‘i Driver’s License.
- Must have current State of Hawai‘i Restricted-Use Pesticide Applicators License.
- Able to think and make effective decisions quickly.
- Requires working to established procedures and maintaining reliable work attendance.
- Requires verbal communication skills and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and work under pressure.
- Requires relating to people in a friendly and professional manner.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) and Company Matching
- PTO/ Holidays
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.