Retail Counter Sales Rep - Industrial Equipment/Supplies - Honolulu
Matheson, a leading supplier of industrial gases, equipment and services, is seeking to fill a Retail Counter Sales Representative position in Honolulu.
- Sells industrial gases and related supplies/equipment to walk-in and telephone customers.
- Provides customer assistance on recommended equipment, materials and procedures relative to their project needs.
- Demonstrates use of equipment.
- Arranges for delivery of customer orders.
- Supports the customer development and retention activities of outside sales staff.
- Restocks and maintains showroom displays and appearance.
- Prepares invoices, accepts payments, makes change and reconciles daily cash sales.
- Assists with warehouse activities (shipping/receiving, inventory, cleaning, labeling, etc.).
- Ensures that all safety rules are strictly observed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a sales associate within a parts or hardware department, dealership or retail establishment.
Other requirements include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competency with basic arithmetic.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Industrial gas industry knowledge is helpful, but not required, as training will be provided.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability