COF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE – ID# 19616.
Center on the Family. Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Center on the Family (COF), located in Kapolei, Oahu. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MINIMUM MONTHLY SALARY: $4,000/Mon.
- Assists in the maintenance, enhancement, implementation, and support of a web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) system for Hawai‘i Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (ADAD), and its Substance Abuse Treatment and Prevention providers.
- Provides technical support and training to ADAD and its service providers by identifying, analyzing, resolving, and responding in a timely manner to Help Desk requests, conducting training sessions and information seminars, and developing lesson plans and training materials.
- Collaborates on adding new functions and enhancements to the system and testing new software releases.
- Designs, develops, and distributes special database queries and reports to service providers to enable generation of customized and ad hoc reports.
- Monitors workflow of the EHR system to identify problems, improve efficiency, and promote positive user experience.
- Participates in the development of project work plan and implementation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience as a computer help desk consultant, trainer, computer software analyst, or web-based application designer/developer.
- Highly specialized knowledge in web-based systems including management and security.
- Common knowledge of substance abuse issues and services.
- Common knowledge of computer networks.
- Ability to provide technical support and training.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Dependable and detail oriented, as needed, to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to chart and describe organizational workflow and translate data needs into IT requirements.
- Ability to design and develop efficient database queries and ad hoc reports.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and work independently.
- Post Offer/Employment Condition: Must be able to pass a post offer criminal background check.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to the University of Hawai‘i's Center on the Family HIPAA/PHI privacy and security policy and the Department of Health’s HIPAA/PHI privacy and security policy. Violation of the RCUH's, the UH's, or the business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.). Must complete the University of Hawai‘i's Center on the Family HIPAA/PHI privacy and security training and the Department of Health’s HIPAA/PHI privacy and security training immediately after hire or not later than employee’s initial exposure to HIPAA/PHI. Must maintain a current status on the University’s and/or the business entity's training requirements.
- Experience with one (1) or more of the following: substance abuse treatment or prevention services, EHR system, or Microsoft SQL Server Reporting System.
- Experience conducting training.
- Working knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) compliance and 42 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 2.
INQUIRIES: Dr. Ji-Yeon Kim 956-4136 (Oahu).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for this position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-8344 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: December 16, 2019.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.