Security Alarm Technician Installer I
Technician Installer I
Perform installation of commercial alarm systems and components. Educate customers on the proper use of all installed equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Commercial Installer I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and other duties as assigned.
- Install and service of Residential and New Commercial Alarm, Fire, CCTV, IP CCTV, Access control, Wireless and Card Access System Installations.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; and performing alarm system installations, upgrades, and additions.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
- Attend Classroom and Field Training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent team building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years minimum alarm industry installation technician experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have valid drivers license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.