EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
While this position will be based in our Kaimuki branch, this role will cover business development opportunities island-wide.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for acquisition, retention and expansion of new and existing customer relationships. The Business Development Officer will primarily be working outside the office. This position provides exceptional customer service by taking ownership of the customer experience from introducing the customer to HomeStreet Bank through profiling the customer, assessing their banking and borrowing needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet products and services. This position develops new business and consumer relationships. Business development will be accomplished through an aggressive sales effort resulting in quality growth of accounts. This position builds a thorough profile for each customer and maintains frequent personal, phone or email contact in an effort to grow and deepen customer relationships. At all time, provides superior customer service.
Customer Development Activities (up to 100%)
- Meets or exceeds net deposit growth expectations for dollar volume through development of new business and consumer relationships by prospecting and aggressively making sales calls through outside business calls and telemarketing.
- Effectively interviews and profiles customers in order to recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to help customers recognize possibilities and strategies that will help them build and strengthen their financial position.
- Proactively identifies and retains “at risk” customers.
- Explains and sells business products to new and existing customers.
- Makes use of advertising leads, MCIF lists, personal contacts, referrals from the Bank and branch customer base to build a book of business.
- Effectively partners with other business lines within the Bank to identify sales opportunities and provides an outstanding customer experience.
General Activities (up to 10%)
- Maintains a complete understanding of and competency with products, services and the Bank’s business-customer acquisition strategy.
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales targets and results are achieved.
- Participates in branch events/sponsorships and is involved with groups and organizations within the community.
- May determine rejects/returns within the branch operation application based on guidelines established by the Branch Manager.
- Consistently adheres to the Bank’s policies and procedures regarding branch operations and employment practices, code of ethics, and all federal, state, and local laws.
Consumer Lending Activities (up to 20%)
- Originates consumer loans, acting as customer advocate to ensure prompt processing of consumer loans.
- Makes a minimum of five outside business development calls, completes a minimum of five new business or consumer customer profiles and updates a minimum of five current customer profiles weekly.*
- Makes a minimum of five referrals each month to business partners in other business lines within the company.*
*The actual number of completed profiles and outside business development calls may vary from branch to branch, based on the expectations of the regional manager.
- Minimum of four years demonstrated sales experience with proven results including diverse customer profiles and complex needs. Prior business development experience in banking is required.
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and bank products. Recognize closing opportunities and retain and grow customer relationships. Ability to initiate customer contact through letters, email, telephone or personal contact.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to encourage open communication by listening attentively and actively. Excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work quickly and accurately,
- to analyze information and make decisions.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and liability insurance are required.
- Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 2/3 of the time) sitting. Walking, standing, bending and reaching occasionally and for brief periods of time.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position